Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Frida Kahlo submission from our Guest DT member this month.......

Irit Shalom - His Kind of Pet

THE ART PIECE:I DECIDED NOT TO DO A LO ABOUT OUR ONLY PET- ALSO SHE IS A LOVELY ALBINO CAT, BUT IT WAS BORING SO I FOUND THIS PHOTO OF MY WORLD TRAVELLER SON AMIR WITH THIS CROCODYLE AND HERE IT IS- HIS KIND OF PET PAGE. THE SAME MOMENT I WAS TAKING A PHOTO OF IT TODAY THE NEWS ON TV WERE SHOWING A .. CROCODYLE PETS IN AUSTRALIA- AS THIS IS NOT A REGULAR KIND OF PET AFTER ALL ALSO THIS AUSSI LADY NAMED VICKY HAS 2 OF THESE AS HER PETS AND SHE SAID NOW ON TV THAT THEY HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SMILE EVER.
I NEED TO SAY THAT IS WAS NOT AN EASY JOB TO DO ORANGE AND EXOTIC FLOWER FOR PET'S PAGE- BUT IT WENT GREAT WITH EXOTIC PET IN EXOTIC PLACE OF SOUTH AMERICA
THE ONLY OTHER COLOR WAS FROM MY SON'S OLDEST EVER PANTS, I USED THE REAL PENDANT HE BROUGHT WITH HIM AND I USED STICKERS- THING THAT I NEVER USE, BUT BUY.
SO MY STICKERS THANK YOU FOR A CHALLENGE - IRIT

Hi Irit, Love your exotic take on the challenge and what an unusual Pet of your sons! You have to have a special licence to own a crocaodile in australia, i must admitt I dont know anyone that owns one! love the exotic flower you used and also the pic of the crocodile. Love the pendant you added aswell! you have covered all the criteria which is great. Well done!! - Shazza

11 comments:

  1. My goodness .... I can't believe how happy your son looks holding that crocodile so close to his face!!! I think it was a great choice of photo to scrap Irit!! Lovely work.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, he's either brave or a bit silly putting that croc so close to his face. Yikes. I like the blue and the orange together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brr, not my idea of a fave pet LOL. My oldest daughter would love this though ... this definitely is her kind of pet as well. I like how you didn't just add a tropical flower but gave the whole page a tropical feel to it. And the vibrant colours make this into a very pleasing page to look at, I like it!!!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. not my choice of pet either lol, dont think i want one in my house....love everything here irit, gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete
  5. thatd be a scary pet lol
    great layout though (:
    great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous LO, Irit, and OMGoodnes, your son is truly brave!!!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Irit, funny how that Australian lady has 2 of them and comments on their smile, one of my little boys rhymes I sing his is "never smile at a crocadile" lol, this is just lovely and a really interesting layout to look at, gorgeous, Love Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the touches of blue in your layout... the tropical flower is beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. whooo weee... not my kinda pet fer sure. lol. I like mine fuzzy and cuddly. Great take though... luvin' the blend of colors. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, lovely theme work here, I feel transported to that time and place! I also think the blue and orange work great together! Thanks for sharing!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a hoot of a photo Irit! Your son is certainly enjoying holding that croc!! Lovely LO, love the bird & the surfboard..just sets it all of nicely!

    ReplyDelete