Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Maggies submission....

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

Hi Shazza!

Here is my submission for your wonderful challenge. My take on this was to use the colours from the painting.
I have used three striped papers - two for the scalloped borders and one for the die cut label. You can hardly see the stripes on the label, but they are there :)
On the background paper I debossed lines, which I then painted with a light marker. I also inked the paper a little, wanted it to look like the deck on a boat.
Twine was used to remind of the ropes from the boats. There is no boat on my page, though.
A lace with hearts was used under the photo to add to the feeling of love.
I had great fun with this challenge, and I would love to participate in your future challenges.

Cheers
Maggie

7 comments:

  1. what a wonderful take on the challenge.. i love the photo!! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful LO, Maggie! What an awesome photo and I love the idea of the twine!
    xxx-RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a top photo to choose to scrap Maggie...it is marvellous. Love your title, colours & embellies plus your little bit of journalling. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous photo to scrap.. with a great tittle.. love the twine as well.. what a great LO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful your page maggie..cool work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this page is just gorgeous, I love the way you do your title and the twine is just stunning. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so in love with this LO! It has the perfect balance, the perfect colour combo and the perfect embellies. A fav for sure!!!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete