Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Welcoming Julene Matthews ...

our first guest on ARTastic this month.

Hello I’m Julene Matthews from Sydney in NSW.I started scrapping when I won some Fiskars products and wanted to get the use from them.

I still use my scissors every day. That was 12 years ago and my style has evolved over time.

I prefer clean cut to lumpy bumpy, can use mixed media, but usually don’t. I prefer traditional items like buttons, laces, ribbons etc.


This artwork reminded my quite a lot of the Polish mixed media artist Finnabair's work.You can find her on Facebook and on her blog.


Earlier this year I was lucky enough to attend one of her classes when she visited Australia.

We were asked not to divulge her technique in detail online, but I can say do all the flat & wet things first, then add the 3D items. Lastly use the mists, pastes etc to bring out your colours.

This is the layout we made in class.

 

The second one is made using the more earthy colours from the inspiration piece.

If you would like to try this sort of style for yourself - have fun but remember to cover your desk or table with plastic first - it can get very messy!

 
http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com.au

Here are some more layouts from Julene ...




 
Great to have you join us Julene.
 
 
Remember you have until 11.55pm on November 30th to submit your entries.  We'd love to see your take on this challenge.

3 comments: