Pages

Friday 15 January 2016

More inspiration for January ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal. We are working with this wonderful painting by Isabelle May Tweddle called Bondi Scene.  

CRITERIA is a Summer theme

Please remember a Summer theme is YOUR Summer theme, it doesn't have to be beach related.  It can be anything Summer means to you - playing in the pool, watching Summer sport, walking in the park, ice creams, cold drinks, sunscreen and hats ....


KAREN
I took my inspiration from the beach theme of the painting. I used lots of different textures that would be found on a beach. 

MARY
This is summer  where I live ..... hot, dry, hay and lucerne bales and cherry picking. I used the colours in the art work in my layout.

ANNA
Inspiration from the beach theme and the colors. Craft CS for a sand feeling and some gold paint to mimic the sunshine. And of course the photo is of my feet on the beach on our trip to California.

TONE
Inspiration from bathing, the blue of the water, the summer generally :)
 The title means "A real paradise".

KAT
 I've used a photo taken at Bondi Beach (the same beach as the painting) 10 years ago. I've used papers from a summer-themed collection (incorporating the colours in the painting) and added glitter embossing powder to my wood veneer title to give it a sandy texture. 


ANGELIKA

My inspiration was the colours- blue on top and sand/red on bottom, as well as the beach theme making me want to scrap a photo of my favourite place to be.

JANE

 Inspired by the red, blue, yellow and sand colours and the beach theme - I am so lucky to live so close to the ocean. I should never take that for granted.

Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create something new for our challenge and only combine your entry with a sketch challenge.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize selected purely by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to the very first Guest Designer of 2016, Nicole Doiron.

2 comments:

  1. So many wonderful takes on Summer girls, all fabulous layouts
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....such variety! Looking fabulous, team ;) !!!

    ReplyDelete