Pages

Friday 15 April 2016

Let's get inspired again ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal. We are working with this amazing artwork by Josh Miels called We will remember them.


CRITERIA -  The use of Typography on your page - let those letters shine!


MARY
 I found this photo amongst my Mums photos . On investigation , with help from a cousin & Aunt I found out who he was . His father & my Dads Grandmother were Brother & Sister . So I thought I would like to Document it & honour him , so My children & their children are not left wondering who this man is.

TONE
I was inspired by all the letters ...

KAREN
My inspiration are the colours and Anzac Day. I used a stencil for my background and patterned paper. I am using a very old postcard which I stumbled across in my photos of my grandparents.

ANNA
 I was inspired of the BIG letters but I made them white. It also inspired me to go for a b/w photo of my father as a young boy with is mates at work. This page is a tribute to him and a great memory after him for me. (He passed away more than four years ago♡) I also have those pops of blue and orange-red. 

KAT
For this challenge I was inspired by the portrait of a man and the Anzac theme to create a layout about my Grandad, whose birthday was on Anzac Day and who served in the Army Reserves for many years. I used a photo and papers that matched the colours in the artwork and added typography using text paper, an alphabet stencil and texture paste and some letter tile stickers for the title.

ANGELIKA
I was inspired by the horizontal lines of text and I brought grey elements into my embellishments.

JANE
I used the military theme, the colours and a slightly different way of using words (typography) on my page.


Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create something new for our challenge and only combine your entry with a sketch challenge.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize selected purely by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our April Guest Designer.

1 comment: