Pages

Monday 15 August 2016

Our second August reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal. 

In August we hope to inspire you with this delightful woodcut by Thea Proctor called The Swing. It is printed in black ink, and hand-coloured on cream rice paper and is hanging in the Art Gallery of NSW.

Be inspired by the colours or the theme of children playing or perhaps you are drawn to the outdoor scenery or love the idea of the girl on the swing or even the vintage nature of the artwork. 

CRITERIA - The use of black pen on your work

MARY
When I look at the photo Alice In Wonderland , The Wizard of Oz comes to mind . I think it has a whimsical feeling to it. I have had these photo's of my Granddaughter dancing for ages (I think they were doing the Wizard of Oz from mind) and I have had the paper for ages, which I brought to go with the photo's, so I was glad to be inspired to scrap them. My Granddaughter is in the middle in the joker costume

ANNA
I was inspired by the swinging girl, the colors and of course my journaling is done with the use of black pen.

TONE
The photo is of my son Daniel in 2007 when he got a new bike. I was inspired by the outdoors fun.

KAREN
My inspiration is taken from the swirls in the sky.

KAT
I was inspired by the scene in the artwork and made a pocket page about a visit to the park with my family. I used pocket cards featuring some of the colours from the artwork (coral and green) and used a black pen to outline some of the subtle background patterns.

ANGELIKA
 I was inspired by the bright colours, as well as the sections of colour outlined in black. I mimicked that by filling in sections of a geometric shape with pattern paper and watercolours, then outlining it with black pen.

JANE
I loved the vintage feel of the artwork and the bright happy colours and used a photograph of my Mother is her younger years. I used black pen to go around all the paper elements on my page.

Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation ...

Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions. All we ask is that you create something new for our challenge and only combine your entry with a sketch challenge. We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize selected purely by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience. You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our August Guest Designer.

1 comment: